2014 has been a real rollercoaster ride.
- I started the year getting a transfer at work to my local branch which made things so much easier and I was so happy to be reunited with my colleagues at Long Eaton!
- My amazing little niece was born!
- Me and David moved from our 1st flat to our lovely apartment.
- In June/July me and David went on a wonderful holiday to Eygpt. It was a fantastic holiday and we had a great time.
- My Mum got married to my Step-Dad Craig. It was a fantastic day and it is so nice to see them both so happy together.
- My Dad and his Girlfriend had a baby called Logan.
- In March my health took a turn for the worse and that was when the many hospital stays began. In May I had my colon (large intestine) removed and things started to look up for a few weeks. Unfortunately the operation had some complications and didn’t work as we had hoped. I have been in and out of hospital for the majority of this year and was recently diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and possible other conditions.
- I purchased my first wheelchair.
- My cat who I had for 19 years unfortunately crossed the rainbow bridge.
This year has been very hard but also very rewarding. In dark times I have found out who is really there for me. Words can’t express how grateful I am for those who have been there for me, believed in me and given me strength to get through the difficult times that I have faced this year. I have a long journey to go on but I have already come so far. I wish health and happiness to all those in my life for 2015.
Here are a few fond memories from 2014.